Cargo tallies continued their growth trend at the Port of New York and New Jersey in November.
Year-to-date over 2016, November 2017 showed a 7.7 overall growth for the port in terms of TEUs handled (6,166,851 over
5,723,821). This growth broke down to:
- a 6.3 percent increase in import TEU loads (3,122,103 over 2,937,980);
- a 4 percent increase in export TEUs loads (1,294,229 over 1,244,555); and
- a 5.6 percent increase in total TEU loads (4,416,332 over 4,182,535).
Year-to-date over 2016, November 2017 also showed a 4 percent increase in the total number of rail lifts, logging 518,959 over November 2016’s 498,021.
By month-to-month comparison against November 2016, November 2017 showed:
- An overall growth of 7.3 percent in total TEUs handled.
- The total number of TEU loads handled rose 7 percent, from 386,639 in November 2016 to 413,830 in November 2017.
- Import TEU loads added 4.9 percent, rising from 271,755 in November 2016 to 285,070 in November 2017.
- Total rail lifts rose 8 percent from 43,556 in November 2016 to 47,055 in November 2017.
These numbers add strength to the upward trajectory in cargo volumes handled by the Port of New York and New Jersey in 2017.
Cargo volumes for December 2017, as well as annual totals and comparisons for 2017, are due shortly.
Click the link at the end of this sentence to view the Port of New York and New Jersey’s Loaded Containers in TEUs and Total ExpressRail Lifts by Month.
* * *
For more information on the Port of New York and New Jersey, please visit: www.portnynj.com.
Follow the Port of NY & NJ on Twitter: @portnynj.
Follow the Port of NY & NJ on Instagram: @portnynj.
Follow the Port of NY& NJ LinkedIn Users Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3822045.